This month's Claritas Spotlight blog focusses on Sales Manager, Andrea Olsen.
Tell us about your role at ClaritasI head up the Sales Team, which consists of three Account Managers and 2 New Business Developers, to ensure we are exceeding all our clients’ expectations whilst prospecting and promoting Claritas and its capabilities to new clients.
How long have you been at Claritas?8 months.
What prior experience do you have?I spent the previous 10 years in a similar role within the healthcare industry managing a team of 7-10 people. Prior to that I worked in both the Recruitment and Actuarial sectors.
What’s the sales team’s focus this year?To continue to exceed our current customers’ expectations, maximise every opportunity to raise the Claritas profile with new customers.
Claritas have a very loyal client base and this is the year to replicate this with new customers.
What would a normal day consist of?No two days are the same. There are always new opportunities to explore; coaching and development within the team; learning about new products and technologies.
I attend both existing client and new business meetings with the team and work alongside our partners.
Why is your role so important to Claritas’ customers?We need to ensure that our customers consistently receive customer excellence whilst being kept up to date with new products and technologies. I endeavour to ensure all of the Sales Team maintain these high standards.
What’s your favourite part of your job?As Claritas is an independent IT services and solutions company we can genuinely advise our customers on the best solution for their business, so, as clichéd as it sounds, everyone really is working together towards one goal: Our customers!
Tell us 3 things your colleagues don’t know about you?
- I’ve created and made my own gin called 'Somewhere in the world it's G&T time!' Anyone can order it online!
- I’ve signed up to run 26 miles in May to raise money for the British Heart Foundation. I used to tell the PE teacher in high school that I had asthma on cross-country running days so whether I’ll be able to complete it or not is a different matter!
- I’ve had a UK top 10 hit single written about me.
If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you take with you?
- A Leatherman Utility Knife - survival first!
- A guitar. I’ve always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument and I’ll have plenty of time on my hands. When I get frustrated at my lack of skill, I can use the wood for a fire and the strings for fishing
- A crate of my own gin!