Top 10 technology (related) facts that we love at Claritas:
Fact: (fakt) A thing that is known or proven to be true.
- In the duration of 63 years, humankind went from taking flight, to landing on the moon.
- HP, Google, Microsoft and Apple were all founded in their garages.
- The Woolly Mammoth was still alive when the first Pyramids were being built (Not technology as we know it today, but the Egyptians played a vital role in construction technological advancements).
- Every two minutes, we take as many photographs as all of humanity took during the 1800's.
- First ever Star Wars movie came out in May 1977, the same year the last man in France was executed by guillotine (10th September 1977).
- A spammer will receive 1 response for every 12 million emails he/she sends.
- It took 38 years to reach 50 million listeners to the radio, 13 years to reach 50 million viewers and 4 years for 50 million users of the internet.
- Doug Engelbart invented the first computer mouse in 1963, and it was made out of wood.
- Google's founders were willing to sell their Company to Excite in 1999 for $1 million, however Excite turned them down.
- In 1998, AOL launched 4.0, and for several weeks used ALL of the CD production companies across the globe. Thus began their intensive marketing strategy (at one point in the 90's the AOL logo was printed on 50% of CD's worldwide). - Marketing's favourite fact anyway.